This position reviews Citizens’ homeowners’ insurance applications from an underwriting perspective and determines eligibility of the property for homeowners’ coverage based on Citizens’ guidelines.
- Review applications for insurance coverage, reports from loss control consultants, and other information to determine if application is acceptable for the program(s) available.
- Review and complete at least 80 applications per day.
- Evaluate the experience of a risk against the class of business under review.
- Evaluate the loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency.
- Utilize knowledge of automated systems to develop information for new or renewal policies.
- Review requests for cancellation, endorsements, etc.
- Request additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application, endorsement or cancellation.
- Research and/or enter information into computer system.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and perform concentrated, high volumes of work.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to lift/handle documents and materials, up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Work overtime as requested.
- Check current and previous rate policies for proper rating.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Present a professional and helpful appearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Florida Insurance Statutes and Florida Department of Insurance regulations and policies.
- Active 2-20 or 4-40 license preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
- Must have resourceful and controlled assertive behavior characteristics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions required for insurance rating, computation of ratios, percentages, fractions, etc.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted practices.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, every level of management, vendors, and service providers.